Thursday, April 3, 2008

STS Civic Si - Fresh Start




By many demands from my good friend Jason Flores. I've decided to start a build blog like his.
alright guys, this is whats up. Ive been developing this civic since October 2007, and ever since then it has been a living nightmare. How? Mainly because im a full time student at the University Technical Institute, INC. in Rancho Cucamonga. And because i am full time (12pm-7PM) i have had a HARD time looking for a decent job... until recent.

RE-cap
-October 2007
At this time, i had decided to focus on building a somewhat street/autox car and so i had decided to sell my 1972 Datsun 240z. It was heavily modified but not by any autox measures. I was able to let it go for $4200. At the same time, my parents allowed me to take my brother's car; 1999 Honda Civic Ex.
After a lot of research and autoxing the car, i felt that it had little to no potential as i had hoped for. So with that in mind i headed towards craigslist for some answers.
After searching around, i finally found a seller who was willing to trade cars + cash on top for my civic. And thats where it all started. Immediately i took the extra cash and put it towards a koni/GC setup. Koni yellows w/ 400f/450r ground control coilover sleeves.

-November 2007
Now that i had my suspension coming in, i thought that id try out the car bone stock at the local autox. SCNAX was holding an event and had openings for its practice. I paid up the 40 bucks and took the car as it was bone stock. The car was a blast and i havent even started tickering with the car yet!



Well about a week after that day the motor started making some unusual noises... i thought it was valve train noise so it hadnt really crossed my mind as being something major. Well 2 days later on my way up to Irvine for a Lupe Fiasco concert, it was apparent what had happened. I spun a rod bearing...=(

-December 2007
I had just installed the coilover setup and things went downhill from there. After struggling to find another SOHC motor, a friend of mine from school had a b16a motor from his crx that he was trying to sell. Unfortunately for me, the civic was my daily driver and this was the only motor available to me at the time. So sadly, i had to take up the offer and bought the motor and sent myself straight to Street Modified. =(.




-TODAY - April 3, 2008
I spun a rod bearing at the CSCC autox up here in LA. My first LA autox and i messed up the motor. Just my luck AGAIN! Well good news is Moe (hyper16valve) is helping me rebuild this motor to STS status from the help of Jason Flores and his team. The money is coming up short and the work hours getting longer, but soon enough I will be back.

PS. im tired typing but i will writeup the whole SD National Tour experience later. Moe's keyboard is hard to type with...stiff keys.




No comments: